Spaghetti Crust Quiche Recipe
I got the base of the spaghetti crust quiche recipe / idea off of paleomg.com – Paleo Recipes, but tweaked the ingredients. If you haven’t checked her blog out .. it’s amaze. I liked using Trader Joes Spicy Italian chicken sausage because the sweet of the spaghetti squash and spicy of the sausage are yum, if you don’t like spicy they have a sweet apple chardonnay one that would be good.
Write a review
- Medium Spaghetti Squash
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup zucchini
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 ½ Trader Joes spicy Italian chicken sausage
- 2 pieces bacon
- Tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano (any herb you want)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 C
- Cut spaghetti squash In half hotdog style
- Scoop out seeds and strings, place face down onto oven rack .. cook for 40-45 min.
- While squash is baking, cut up two pieces of bacon and place in saucepan with medium heat (Let pan heat up before placing bacon In the pan) .. let cook until the fatty parts are almost cooked. Add chopped up Trader Joes sausage and brown (do not drain the fat .. bacon.fat.make.taste.good)
- Add zucchini and red onion to sauce pan and cook for about 10 min .. stirring/flipping every couple minutes. Set aside.
- Once spaghetti squash is done, let cool down and scoop out spaghetti squash threads with a fork (I used about 325 grams of the threads or ¾ of spaghetti squash). Spray/grease rounded glass baking dish and pack threads on the bottom/sides like a crust.
- Beat 5 eggs and 2 egg whites, add paprika, garlic salt, oregano to eggs. Pour mixture over spaghetti squash in dish and top with chicken sausage and veggie mixture. Do not need to stir together.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes at 350
- I served mine with avocado and sriracha and a side of fruit
- ¼ of Quiche –> 227 calories .. 12.5 g Fat .. 6 g Carbs .. 21 g Protein
- - If you want to up the protein or reduce fat add/sub egg whites.
Adapted from Paleomg
Adapted from Paleomg
Food in Atlanta https://foodinatlanta.com/