The breakfast sandwich is an iconic fixture in American Breakfast. As a red-blooded American, I am both patriotic and a breakfast sandwich connoisseur.
I am not sure what the deal is with English Muffins, but they are definitely making a comeback. For this breakfast sandwich I typically use bagels, but I decided to step out on a limb with some Thomas Apple Pie English Muffins. They are a limited edition, so you better get your hands on them while you can.
This recipe is perfect for two breakfast sandwiches, and will make your morning beautiful. Or if you are the type who eats breakfast for dinner, then your night will beautiful.
The sandwich encompasses everything from sweet and smoky with the bacon and English Muffin to cheesy and spicy with the addition of Pepperjack Cheese.
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Ingredients:
- Two eggs
- Two slices of bacon cut in half – Maplewood Smoked
- Two slices of Pepperjack Cheese
- Two English Muffins sliced in half
- Half an avocado
Breakfast Sandwich Directions:
- Start by cutting your bacon slices in half, and cooking them in a frying pan. Make sure to cook your bacon on low to medium low heat. Be patient because the secret to cooking perfect bacon is slow and low. Could take about 30 minutes.
- Set aside your bacon grease because you will be cooking your eggs in this flavorful goodness.
- After cleaning the pan, add the bacon grease back into the pan at medium heat. Crack your two eggs, and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Start toasting your English Muffins to get the timing right
- Add the slices of Pepperjack to the eggs and recover. Cook for another couple of minutes
- Cut your avocado in slices, and put the slices on the English Muffin once finished toasting
- Carefully put the cheese eggs, sunny side up, on the English Muffin
- Add bacon