These are yummy gluten-free cookies that I have been baking for many years.
Gluten-free Banana, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
- In a KitchenAid mixer on low speed, cream the butter and sugars. When fully creamed, add the egg, banana and vanilla, blending until smooth. Add the flower mixture, then the oats and blend.
- Turn off the mixer, remove the bowl, with the cookie dough inside and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 14-18 minutes, until they are nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a baking rack to cool.
Food in Atlanta https://foodinatlanta.com/