If you are trying to stay gluten free, it is good to keep a stash of gluten free bread crumbs. They are easy to make.
- One loaf gluten free brad – Udi’s is a good relatively inexpensive choice.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Using the entire loaf of bread, tear it into pieces and fill the bowl of a food processor. Process until until the bread is fine crumbs.
- Repeat until you have used up the entire loaf.
- Spread the crumbs onto a baking sheet. One loaf should cover one large baking sheet.
- Bake in the 200 degree oven until completely dry, about 20 – 25 minutes, turning the bread crumbs every 8 – 10 minutes to ensure even drying.
- When the bread crumbs are completely dry, turn off the oven and leave the crumbs in for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread crumbs form the oven, mix in the teaspoon of salt, and let them cool completely.
- Store in a zip lock bag or, preferably, a glass jar, in a dark cool place.
Recipe makes about 4 cups of gluten free bread crumbs and will stay fresh for a month or more.