Stir-Fried Chicken with Vegetables, Ginger and Honey
This is a wonderful stir-fried chicken dish with a the lovely taste of ginger, honey, fish sauce and 5-spice powder giving it a complex and pleasing taste.
Write a review
- 2 Tablespoons high heat oil
- 1/2 large onion, cut into wedges or slices
- A dozen or more snow pea pods (vein removed)
- 6 or more white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon shredded ginger
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce (I use Red Boat Brand, available at most Asian groceries)
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (I use gluten free tamari)
- 1 teaspoon 5-spice powder (Available at Asian groceries)
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Add the onion and stir-fry until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, mushrooms and snow pea pods and continue to star-fry for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and continue to stir-fry until it is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Add the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce and 5-spice powder. Continue to stir-fry until the ingredients are glazed with the sauce, about 3 minutes. Serve with rice.
Food in Atlanta https://foodinatlanta.com/